For Easter I wanted to make something fun so I decided to use all the coffee filters I recently dyed to make a large topiary.
I started with a foam base purchased from Hobby Lobby.
I made a bunch of flowers from dyed coffee filters (Click Here to see my post about how to dye coffee filters and make the flowers).
I put straight pins through the flowers and covered with a bit of Elmer's glue and pushed them into the foam. I did this until it was completely covered. I love how it ended up looking.
The subway Easter art in the frame came from the blog, "I Should Be Mopping the Floor"
I'm thinking for Christmas I'll make a red one and for a wedding wouldn't it be awesome to make a bunch of white ones! It's so simple that anyone could do it, but it is a bit time consuming. I spent quite a while working on it one night after Felicity went to bed while watching several episodes of "Cake Boss" on Netflix, love that show.
I'm linking this post up at some great blogs. Click Here to see who they are and go visit them!